2017 Annual Orchid Show and Sale at Moana Nursery
1100 West Moana Lane, Reno Feb 3rd-5th
Fri. 3th 9am to 5pm Sat. 4th 9am to 5pm Sun. 5th 10am to 2pm
Free Orchid Classes:
Saturday 10 am: ORCHID GROWING BASICS:
Trying to re-bloom your orchid without success? Attend this this informative “how to grow” class and learn a variety to tips on how to take care of your beautiful plant.
Sunday at 12noon: ORCHID RE-POTTING DEMONSTRATION:
Demonstration on the best technique, for successfully re-pot any species of orchid. This year we are having a demonstration session only, please do not bring your own orchid.
BOTH CLASSES ARE HELD IN THE MOANA: NURSERY LANDSCAPE BLDG.
Photos of our shows are in the GALLERY.
2017 OSNN monthly Meetings Program
- Jan 7th – Member’s Orchid Plant Swap & Sale.
- Feb. 5th to 7th – Our annual SHOW & SALE AT MOANA NURSERY, no regular meeting this month.
- March 2nd – Review of the Moana Nursery Show & Sale Member’s Orchid Plant Swap and Sale
- April 6th – Our Speaker Kathleen Barrett, AOS Judge, and co-chair of the publication board for “Orchids” magazine. Topic: INTERACTION DISCUSSION
how to research all orchid questions online FOR FREE.
- May 4th – This month speaker Ted Foln, Professor Emeritus in the Dept. of Plant Sciences at UC DAVIS, will talk about HOW ORCHID NAMES REVEAL CULTURAL REQUIREMENTS IN DENDROBIUMS.
- June 1st – This month’s Speaker is Jonathan Robbins, his talk is “ORCHIDS AND MORE”…. Jon is a board member of the Sacramento Orchid Society. He is also the owner of Floral Culture, Orchid & Special Growing Supplies.
- July 6th – Our Speaker Carol Klonowoski’s Topic: Multifloral Paphiopedilums. Carol has been growing orchids since the 1980’s and is a Fully Accredited AOS Judge with the Sierra Nevada Judging Center.
- August 12th – Annual OSNN Picnic
- September 7th – Topic: ORCHIDS OF MEXICO: Jim Rose of CAL-ORCHIDS. He will talk about blending in 45 years of commercial orchid growing. Jim is a Cymbidium Society of America judge, and recognized for the “Pacific” line of reed-stem Epidendrums.
- October 5th – Our Speaker Jeff Tyler is a member and board member of the Sacramento Orchid Society & The Orchid Forum. His talk title: ” 25 of my favorite orchids”.
- November 2nd – DESERT and MORE SOCIAL EVENT. Raffle orchids are from Jeff Tyler, SITU ORCHIDS. Please bring a desert or snack to share.
- December 7th – Christmas Party (date to be announced).
For Orchid Shows in the US :
Visit the American Orchid Society www.aos.org